18 Keys to Healthy Weight Loss
1. Start with a healthful diet.
2. Keep an eye on portions.
3. Eat mindfully.
4. Eat slowly, chew well.
5. Don’t rely on willpower.
6. Identify emotional triggers that may be making you overeat.
7. Go for volume (low-energy-dense foods).
8. Get adequate protein (and include some with all meals).
9. Eat regularly (don’t skip meals) and choose healthful low-calorie snacks.
10. Limit variety at meals.
11. Don’t drink your calories.
12. Cook at home often.
13. When eating out, follow these simple rules.
14. Allow for (controlled) indulgences.
15. Keep a food diary.
16. Get enough sleep.
17. Consider weighing yourself regularly—at least once a week.
18. Set realistic goals and have a realistic body image.